Drinking 8 glasses of water a day for good health is not a problem.
The problem is in what position when drinking water.
Many people do not know much about this topic and are not aware of it.
According to scientific studies, I was surprised to find that when drinking water, you should not drink it while standing.
1. The habit of drinking water in a standing position can cause arthritis. Standing up and drinking water can lead to arthritis by disrupting the flow of fluid to the joints in the body.
2. Drinking water while standing affects the digestive system, causing water to flow more quickly through the stomach walls. Over time, this kind of abnormal flow can damage the stomach wall and disturb the digestive system.
3. Always thirsty
When you stand up and drink water, your thirst does not go away.
Drinking water frequently. Therefore, when drinking water, sitting down and drinking it will relieve thirst more. It is best to cultivate the habit of sitting and drinking with a bottle of water nearby.
4. Frequent indigestion
As mentioned in point #2, standing up and drinking water will damage the stomach wall and often cause indigestion. When you sit down and drink water, your muscles and nerves will relax more, and your nerves will help you digest food faster.
5. Not being able to filter properly from the kidneys
Drinking water in a standing position greatly disturbs the functions of the kidneys. When drinking this, the kidneys cannot filter properly, so the waste can remain in the kidneys and bladder. Through that, you can experience urinary problems.
6. Do not reduce the acid level in the body
When you sit regularly and drink water, you can slow down and reduce the acid level in the body. This function will not help when drinking while standing.
7. Can cause heat rash and heartburn
Drinking water standing up can irritate the junction between the stomach and the esophagus, causing acid in the stomach to flow backwards and cause a burning sensation in the esophagus. As a result, hot flashes and body heat rash may occur.
8. Nerve stress
When you sit and drink water, it relaxes your muscles and nerves. Otherwise, when you drink standing up, it puts tension on the nerves and causes pressure.
Now my family If you see your friends drinking water standing up, remind them to sit down and drink.